German Accelerator is looking for a passionate and driven Content Marketing Associate to help strengthen our brand and thought leadership position internationally. This position is full-time and based in New York City, New York (remote is fine at the moment!). You will be part of the Global Marketing Team and report to and work closely with the Senior Marketing & Brand Manager in New York. In addition, you will also collaborate with our teams in Germany, Boston, Silicon Valley, and Singapore.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in and enthusiasm for the German startup and innovation ecosystem, take initiative in creating compelling targeted content, and have excellent communication skills to be able to work as part of a small team on the ground, independently, and in collaboration with a global team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Senior Marketing & Brand Manager in New York to contribute to strategic planning, development, coordination, and evaluation of various cross-channel campaigns for customer loyalty and customer acquisition
- Planning and implementation of internal and external communication campaigns, newsletters as well as mailing and acquisition campaigns
- Support the design and content team in the execution of external (website, social media, presentations, print materials, events) and internal communication initiatives
- Write, edit, and update marketing communication materials, including but not limited to blog articles, social media posts, newsletters, and web pages
- Build, drive, and maintain the content pipeline in support of marketing and overarching business goals
- Assist in and take ownership in organizing and promoting events (also in digital format) such as quarterly demo days, meet-ups, and happy hours
- Proactively create ideas for communications initiatives and work with the global marketing team to bring them to life
- Passion for innovation, startups and startup ecosystems
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, PR, communication and /or social media
- Fluent in German (native/bilingual proficiency) is a clear plus
- Exceptional written & verbal communication and organizational skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask (writing samples welcome)
- Creative and conceptual strength with a fantastic sense for stories and texts
- Proactive idea contributor with a strong work ethic with a can-do attitude and a team player mentality
What We Offer:
- An exciting international work environment with many opportunities to learn and grow
- An open-minded and motivated team that masters tasks together and relies on excellent performance, team playing, and humor
- Opportunity to work independently with plenty of creative freedom, openness, and space for new ideas, impulses, and methods
- Diverse tasks within the national and international startup and innovation world
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Up to 20 paid vacation days plus holidays
- 401K and transit benefits
How To Apply:
Please submit your application (cover letter including the three main reasons why you will be a great fit for the role, including your salary expectations and resume) to Marie Klemme-Lacus (email@example.com).
About German Accelerator:
German Accelerator empowers German startups to scale globally. We take high potential companies on a fast-paced learning journey in the world’s leading innovation hubs at our locations in San Francisco, Silicon Valley, New York, Boston, and Singapore. German Accelerator provides mentoring from dedicated experts, access to our vast global network of business partners and investors, as well as free office space. Our programs are free of charge and highly customized to the participants’ individual needs in order to help them enter international markets and succeed quickly. Since launching in 2012, German Accelerator has nurtured over 250 startups which have raised more than US$3 billion in funding so far. German Accelerator is run by German Entrepreneurship GmbH and is supported by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi).