German Accelerator, which helps best-in-class German startups and high-growth companies to enter the U.S. and Southeast Asian markets with an acceleration program based in Silicon Valley, New York, Boston, and Singapore, is looking for an experienced, dynamic, business savvy, self-motivated Company Scout based in Munich or Berlin (potentially other locations).
The primary purpose of this role is to help us find promising young companies across Germany that are ready to expand internationally.
The nature of the work requires close coordination and working with the teams across the different German Accelerator locations in Germany, the U.S., and Singapore.
You should be well-versed in understanding multiple technologies, the relevant business applications, and potential business models while having a keen eye for spotting German startups and growth companies that are strong candidates for global expansion. You should be a natural networker, outgoing, and comfortable representing the German Accelerator to entrepreneurs, investors, and the general public. The position requires travel throughout Germany to visit any location where startups, trade shows, incubators, conferences, and meetups are located. This role is perfectly suited for former and future entrepreneurs, that like to give something back to the community or grow their network within the startup ecosystem.
What You Will Do
- Understand and support all German Accelerator service offerings/programs and develop effective strategies to convey them to our target customers.
- Build on our existing success in supporting more than 250 startups that have participated in our global programs
- Nurture and grow relationships with VCs, Corporate VCs, Accelerators, Incubators and founders as well as governmental organizations to make sure companies are aware of German Accelerator and refer their portfolio companies to our programs
- Develop a robust pipeline of potential participants for our different programs and convert them on an ongoing basis using databases, salesforce.com and internal tools
- Leverage our alumni network and our ecosystem to maximize efficiency
- Work with the head of scouting and the scouting team to cover the German market across the different regional hubs
- Gather and verify company information through due diligence calls
Who You Are and What You Bring to the Table
- You are comfortable working with quarterly targets and reaching them
- You have entrepreneurial experience as a founder, employee or investor
- You can work independently and are self-motivated
- You have an outgoing personality and ideally a large network of founders, startups, and investors
- You have broad experience within the startup ecosystem in Germany and ideally the U.S. and/or Southeast Asia
- You are entrepreneurial in spirit, hands-on and passionate about helping startups get to the next level
- You have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication capabilities both in German and English
- You have past experience with Salesforce and other CRM/lead generation software
How to Apply
Please submit your application including cover letter, your salary expectations, and CV.