German Accelerator is looking for a passionate and metrics-driven Head of Scouting with a sales mind-set to oversee and drive all startup acquisition and sourcing efforts for the global German Accelerator programs. This role will work closely with the Munich and Berlin-based German Accelerator team as well as with the international locations in Boston, New York, Silicon Valley and Singapore.
In this position, you will be responsible for building, nurturing and closing a funnel of high-potential German startups that are ready to internationalize by participating in one of our programs. You will be reporting to the CEO.
This position is full-time and the role can be based in Berlin or Munich with some travel expected (mostly in Germany).
What You Will Do
Scouting Success: Find the right startups at the right time and support them in their international expansion journey.
- Build out the scouting team to serve as a trusted advisory team to high potential German startups that are new to German Accelerator
- Define the customer journey for the German startup founder and how to add value every step of the way
- Understand and support all German Accelerator service offerings/programs and develop effective strategies to convey them to our target customers. Provide regular feedback and input on program optimization based on your in depth and ongoing conversations with German startups and members of the startup ecosystem
- Build on our existing success in supporting more than 240 startups that have participated in our global programs
- Develop a strong sourcing framework that incorporates multiple channel partners and that establishes German Accelerator as the best option for high-potential German startups considering international expansion in close cooperation with Global Marketing
- Nurture and grow relationships with VCs, Corporate VCs, Accelerators, Incubators and founders as well as governmental organizations to make sure companies are aware of German Accelerator and refer their portfolio companies to our programs
- Build a strong funnel of applicants for our various programs in close coordination with our global program leads
- Develop a robust pipeline of potential participants for all different programs and convert them on an ongoing basis
- Leverage our alumni network to maximum sourcing success
- Leverage all existing opportunities within the German Entrepreneurship ecosystem to maximize efficiency and create added value
Leadership: You’ll be one of the most prominent voices for German Accelerator in Germany
- Manage a team of several scouts across Germany
- Be a player/ coach who’s not afraid to get into daily conversations with startups and investors
- Build strong relationships with management across our locations as well as with global functions like Marketing and Quality Management
Who You Are and What You Bring
- You have 5+years of experience in venture capital, entrepreneurship, accelerators/ incubators, corporate innovation, relationship-driven selling and/or consulting. A diverse background is a big plus for this role
- You’re comfortable working in a results-driven, fast-paced environment and setting and meeting goals for applicants and program participants in a sales-like fashion
- You have experience as an engaging and motivating people manager and are able to form a successful, high performing team with a global mindset; You are able to managing down/ up/ across and you are connecting well within a global team
- You are entrepreneurial in spirit, hands-on and passionate about helping startups get to the next level
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills both in German and English, you are an engaging speaker and presenter at events and enjoy relationship building
- You are a team player, able to connect and engage with stakeholders at all levels and can influence people intelligently by understanding their agendas, while focusing on the bigger picture
- You are strategic, able to manage multiple projects at the same time and have strong focus and attention to Detail