Passionate about startups, innovation, and entrepreneurship? German Accelerator is looking for a highly motivated Marketing & Communications Manager in Silicon Valley with a global mindset and a get-it-done attitude to become a proactive member of our small team in Sunnyvale/San Francisco as well as our global team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in and enthusiasm for the German startup and innovation ecosystem, take initiative in creating compelling targeted content, and have excellent communication skills to be able to work as part of a small team on the ground, independently, and in collaboration with a global team.
- Become a highly engaged member of the global marketing team, collaborating on global strategy and execution, ensuring a regular flow of information and ideas from Silicon Valley to all other locations and vice versa
- Identify story angles and trends, help us tell our global story in a cohesive way, create great targeted content across different channels, including social media and newsletters
- Work closely with our startups to document their journey in Silicon Valley
- Plan and execute local events, including quarterly demo nights, monthly community events, lunch-and-learns, community and networking events and more
- Improve local brand recognition across all channels, e.g. through dedicated communication campaigns, local events, networking, partnerships, and more
Other tasks as needed
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a strong interest in the startup scene and in a global environment
- Proactive, action-oriented, and outcome-driven
- 2-year minimum relevant work experience in PR, communications, marketing or creative program management with proven ability to create content and manage marketing campaigns
- Excellent storyteller with a very good sense for story angles, trends, and different target groups
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal in English. German language skills are a plus
- Excellent first project management skills and strong attention to detail with the capability to work on multiple campaigns/priorities simultaneously and be part of a local as well as a global environment
- Positive attitude and a can-do and roll-up-your-sleeves approach
- Willingness and ability to shift between strategy and operational tasks
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Global mindset, appreciation, and understanding for cultural differences
- You are a self-starter who can operate with minimal direction, take initiative, demonstrate resourcefulness in problem-solving and wants to be part of an international government-funded program
What We Offer:
- An exciting international work environment with many opportunities to learn and grow
- An open-minded and motivated team that masters tasks together and relies on excellent performance, team playing, and humor
- Opportunity to work independently with plenty of creative freedom, openness, and space for new ideas, impulses, and methods
- Diverse tasks within the national and international startup and innovation world
- Competitive benefits, including 100% employer-paid healthcare and 401K options
How To Apply:
Please submit your application (cover letter including the three main reasons why you will be a great fit for the role) to Marie Klemme-Lacus (email@example.com).
About German Accelerator:
German Accelerator empowers German startups to scale globally. We take high potential companies on a fast-paced learning journey in the world’s leading innovation hubs at our locations in San Francisco, Silicon Valley, New York, Boston, and Singapore. German Accelerator provides mentoring from dedicated experts, access to our vast global network of business partners and investors, as well as free office space. Our programs are free of charge and highly customized to the participants’ individual needs in order to help them enter international markets and succeed quickly. Since launching in 2012, German Accelerator has nurtured over 250 startups which have raised more than US$3 billion in funding so far. German Accelerator is run by German Entrepreneurship GmbH and is supported by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi).