Buenos Aires, Argentina
Marketing and Events Manager, South America
German Entrepreneurship is an innovation services provider specializing in building collaboration structures between governments, corporates, investors, and startups in the innovation ecosystems of South America and Europe. We are responsible for the execution of German Accelerator within Argentina, to empower high-potential German startups to discover and access markets in this region. We also offer tailored services, such as the flagship Scaler8, to equip international startups and small-medium enterprises to explore, prepare, and access international markets. We also help companies set up their own corporate accelerators, such as the VW Data:Lab or the Siemens AI Lab.
Since our founding, we have accompanied more than 730 startups, such as Celonis, Flixbus, Foodora, N26, and Signavio on their way. In more than 500 innovation projects, we have developed and successfully implemented customized solutions and concepts for numerous customers and partners from various industries. Our strength is in our established global network of partners and mentors, extensive knowledge of the German and South American business landscape, and experience in scaling businesses.
We are looking for a Marketing and Events Manager to join our fun team of passionate and positive individuals in creating meaningful and engaging marketing campaigns for our programs in the innovation ecosystem in South America and Germany.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing effective online and offline marketing campaigns, including co-marketing, content development, demand generation, thought leadership, and events for German Entrepreneurship’s programs in South America.
You will work closely with the Program Director for South America and the global marketing team to create awareness and build the startup network and ecosystem for our programs. The successful candidate will need to be a problem-solver, thrive on new challenges, and have high self-initiation.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns for German Entrepreneurship programs in South America, using a wide range of marketing tools (website, social media, blog, newsletters, press releases, videos, events, etc.) across all channels
- Source and liaise with marketing partners (e.g., agencies, editors) and other third parties for collaboration and approvals for marketing and creative collaterals
- Produce and project manage events and joint partner activities from beginning to end. These include webinars, mailers, networking events, exhibitions, trade shows, delegation visits, market immersion trips
- Actively create awareness and reputation of German Entrepreneurship programs across South America
- Support representing German Entrepreneurship in South America by attending regional events or receiving customers or partners in the local office
- Support the management and further development of a comprehensive and supportive mentor and partner network in South America to provide a safe sounding board for our startups and SME
- Support to coordinate various operational activities around the planning and execution of German Entrepreneurship Programs
- Support the extension of German Entrepreneurship’s ecosystem in South America, which includes governmental partners, corporates, startup multipliers, and innovation agencies
- Continuously evaluate and provide suggestions to improve the marketing strategy
- Your work will be hybrid, ideally in Buenos Aires, with occasional travel within South America
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrates a range of marketing skills from strategic thinking to creative and execution
- Possesses a positive attitude and thrives in a team environment
- Is a self-starter, forward-thinking, and resourceful
- Has excellent communication skills, including writing, public speaking, emceeing, and delivering presentations
- Displays strong project management skills and is highly organized, with great attention to detail, ensuring operational excellence in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Is highly flexible and adaptable; able to juggle multiple projects efficiently with a can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Has a mindset of continuous learning and improvement
- Exhibits cross-cultural awareness, understanding, and sensitivity
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in marketing and communications
- Well-established network in the innovation and startup ecosystem of Argentina
- Work experience or extended professional knowledge in at least one of the following markets: Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, Brazil.
- Degree from a reputable educational institution in Marketing, Business, or equivalent
- Experience in CRM systems (HubSpot, Salesforce), Adobe Creative Suite, marketing automation tools, and tracking tools to assess campaign effectiveness
- Excellent command of written and spoken Spanish and English in a business context
- Ability to speak/read Portuguese or German language is a bonus to be able to work with external parties in Brazil or Germany
- Entrepreneurial experience from starting an own business or working in a startup is considered a bonus
What We Offer in Addition to Many Great Colleagues and a Unique Vision
- A highly entrepreneurial team eager to help startups to scale internationally and to act with high autonomy while always supporting each other
- Flat hierarchies with lots of room for personal impact and individual development
- A tremendous network in the startup ecosystem
- International working environment with convenient office locations, flexible working hours, mobile work, and scouting activities all over South America and Germany
How to Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter and resumé to Lauren Desrosiers at email@example.com.