German Entrepreneurship Asia is an innovation services provider specialized in building collaboration structures between governments, corporates, investors, and startups in the innovation ecosystems of Asia and Europe. We are responsible for the execution of German Accelerator within Asia, to empower high-potential German startups to discover and access markets in this region. We also offer tailored services, such as the flagship Scaler8, to equip Asian startups and small-medium enterprises to explore, prepare, and access international markets. Our strength is in our established global network of partners and mentors, extensive knowledge of the German and Asian business landscape, and experience in scaling businesses.
We are looking for a Program Manager for German Accelerator’s Market Discovery Program supporting German startups to explore market opportunities in Japan and South Korea. The candidate will support the Program Director in the execution of the program.
The responsibilities outlined below are not exhaustive and can include other related tasks. The employee will from time to time work for other projects as the company sees fit.
Program Planning and Execution
- Scout and engage with German startups that may be keen to join the programs
- Work collaboratively with the program team and operations team to schedule the program sessions and ensure smooth execution of the program including sending invites to startups and relevant stakeholders
- Prepare program briefs for the startups and support startups with their onboarding and participation during the program
- Support start-ups in the understanding of the markets in their respective vertical through industry research and outreach
- Facilitate workshops and meetings with startups to understand their challenges and take notes of startups’ meetings with mentors / partners / companies
- Synthesize learnings of the startups from the program, consolidate feedback from mentors and prepare individual reports for the startups
- Provide support in the broadening of the mentor network
- In the event of market immersion trips (in-country programs), plan and organize the trips
- Good team player and always willing to help out the team when required
- Fast learner
- Confident in presenting to and engaging with external stakeholders
- 3-5 years of experience working in corporates, start-ups, corporate innovation, programme management and/or accelerator programs
- Excellent command of written and spoken English in a business context
- Ability to speak/read German is a bonus to be able to work with external parties in Germany
- Degree in business administration or entrepreneurship, or equivalent
How to Apply
Please submit your application via LinkedIn.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.