Offices in Silicon Valley/Palo Alto, CA
Program Manager, U.S.
German Entrepreneurship seeks a highly driven, passionate team player to join our German Accelerator team in the U.S. and help execute our mission in Silicon Valley.
- Work directly with German startups to help take their businesses to the next level in the U.S. market
- Ensure our programs run smoothly, efficiently, on time, and on target for our ambitious agenda
- Create and constantly improve our customized activities, workshops, and events for each startup/ cohort
- Deliver core workshop content; engage with internal and external subject matter experts to deliver relevant content
- Understand and benchmark the progress of our startups as they progress through the program
- Generate insights about our startups, their business issues, pain points, and gaps in knowledge / connections
- Facilitate mentor matching for our startups, and drive mentor engagement to ensure mentors are contributing to the startups effectively
- Develop KPIs for various stages of the program
- Track and report the necessary program documentation
- Work hand-in-hand with our Scouting Team to assess the pipeline of startups poised for growth, their fit within the U.S. program, and identify synergies with other German Entrepreneurship teams and locations
- Inform and involve the global team on the above so that all resources are engaged to help the startups
What You Bring to the Role
- Passionate about startups, technology, venture capital, and innovation
- An enthusiastic team player that loves working with different types of people in cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a structured mindset to approaching problem-solving and meeting deadlines
- Highly adaptable, and comfortable with uncertainty
- Proven track record of getting things done fast with a can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, and doesn’t break down under stress
- Highly organized with strong coordination skills and great attention to detail, ensuring operational excellence in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledgeable in market entry strategies, corporate strategy, or consulting
- Experience running your own startup/ entrepreneurial projects
- Previously worked for an international/ global organization or company and are able to effectively communicate from a global perspective
- Fluent in English, German a plus but not necessary
What We Offer
- An exciting international work environment with many opportunities to learn and grow
- An open-minded and motivated team that masters tasks together and relies on excellent performance, team playing, and humor
- Opportunity to work independently with plenty of creative freedom, openness, and space for new ideas, impulses, and methods
- A small team where everyone has the opportunity to lead projects and a voice to bring new ideas to the table
- Diverse tasks that create impact within the global startup and innovation world
- Competitive benefits, including 100% employer-paid healthcare and 401k options
How to Apply
Please submit your application via email by May 13, 2022, to the address below. In addition to providing your resume, please include a one-page cover letter in which you tell us about yourself, why you want to work at German Entrepreneurship, and why you are a match for this position.
Lauren Desrosiers, Head of HR, German Entrepreneurship, Inc.
1 Broadway, 14th floor | Cambridge, MA 02142
About German Entrepreneurship:
German Entrepreneurship promotes innovation in companies of all sizes – from DAX-listed corporations to startups. Among others, we run German Accelerator, which specializes in startups’ international expansion and is proudly financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action, the EU-India InnoCenter, a project funded by the European Union, and the newly launched Master Accelerator in Munich. Since German Entrepreneurship’s foundation in 2008, the team has worked with more than 730 startups, as well as 10 unicorns including Flixbus, Foodora, Celonis, and Signavio. In addition, German Entrepreneurship supports medium-sized companies and DAX-listed corporations in the field of corporate innovation, such as VW Data: Lab and Siemens AI Lab.
German Entrepreneurship, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and by embracing diverse skills, perspectives, and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military service, medical condition, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.