German Entrepreneurship Asia connects the innovation ecosystems of Asia and Europe to advance cross-border synergies between startups, investors and corporates. We run three key innovation programmes – the flagship programme for German startups to scale into Southeast Asia, German Accelerator, the Asian market discovery programme Next Step, as well as Scaler8, a customised market exploration and expansion service for Singapore startups and small-medium enterprises to scale to Germany.
We are looking for a Program Manager for Next Step, a Market Discovery Program supporting German startups to explore market opportunities in Japan, South Korea, Southeast Asia and India. The candidate will support the Program Director in the execution of the program.
The responsibilities outlined below are not exhaustive and can include other related tasks. The employee will from time to time work for other projects as the company sees fit.
Program planning and execution:
- Support the scouting process and engage with startups that may be keen to join the program
- Support startups with their onboarding and participation during the program.
- Organise and schedule the program sessions and ensure smooth execution of the program including sending invites to startups and relevant stakeholders
- Compile speakers and mentor’s bio and presentation material and prepares the program booklet for the participating startups
- Support start-ups in understanding of the markets in their respective vertical through industry research and outreach to relevant industry experts
- Participate in workshops and meetings with startups to understand their challenges and take notes of startups’ meetings with mentors / partners / companies
- Collect and consolidate feedback from mentors and prepare programme updates and individual reports for the startups
- Conduct research on relevant startup ecosystem players of the locations
- Provide support in the development of the mentor network
- In the case of market immersion trips (in-country programs), source for quotes from vendors, plan and organize the trips
- Good team player and always willing to help out the team when required
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience working in corporates, start-ups, corporate innovation, programme management and/or accelerator programmes
- Excellent command of written and spoken English in a business context
- Ability to speak/read German is a bonus to be able to work with external parties and the team in Germany
- Degree in business administration or entrepreneurship, or equivalent
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.