Director AI Initiative, German Entrepreneurship
We are hiring a Director to lead our Artificial Intelligence (AI) initiative and further build out our landing pad and acceleration programs for international startups in Silicon Valley. The ideal candidate is an experienced founder who is well-connected in the local, national, and global startup ecosystems. The Director helps develop and has overall accountability for the success of the AI initiative and associated programs, especially German Accelerator, and partners closely with the global team to ensure strategic alignment with other activities of the company. This role is a dynamic combination of working closely with industry leaders and accomplished entrepreneurs to foster the success of international startups and emerging companies in the U.S. market. Joining the team at the inception of the AI initiative, the Director has a real opportunity for creating impact and strengthening the global innovation ecosystem.
What You Will Do
- Launch and manage the Silicon Valley-based division of our global AI initiative and work closely with management in the U.S., Germany, and Asia to design and execute initiatives and programs that leverage these resources
- Cultivate and grow our network of experts, corporates, investors, and other relevant stakeholders to further build out our Silicon Valley landing pad
- Facilitate connections of clients and portfolio companies with relevant contacts within the German Entrepreneurship network and the wider innovation ecosystem
- Design and host customized workshops and events to ensure that our clients and portfolio companies can benefit from our local and global network of experts and industry leaders
- Coordinate cross-program activities with other German Entrepreneurship teams and locations
Track and report performance metrics, including measurable outcomes and local/ global impacts
A Focus on You and What You Bring
- You have at least 10 years of experience in diverse, dynamic environments within technology, startups, and/ or venture capital with a strong focus on AI
- You are familiar with and have strong ties to the startup ecosystem in Silicon Valley
- You have a proven track record of participating in the discourse around technology, startups, and investment and the ability to command a room as speaker
- You have worked for an international/ global organization or company before and are able to effectively communicate from a global perspective
- You possess strong written and verbal communication skills in English (German a plus but not required)
- You are passionate about supporting entrepreneurs, have a positive attitude, humility, and integrity
About German Entrepreneurship
German Entrepreneurship promotes innovation in companies of all sizes – from DAX-listed corporations to startups. Among others, we run German Accelerator, which specializes in startups’ international expansion and is proudly financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action, the EU-India InnoCenter, a project funded by the European Union, and the newly launched Master Accelerator in Munich. Since German Entrepreneurship’s foundation in 2008, the team has worked with more than 730 startups, as well as 10 unicorns including Flixbus, Foodora, Celonis, and Signavio. In addition, German Entrepreneurship supports medium-sized companies and DAX-listed corporations in the field of corporate innovation, such as VW Data: Lab and Siemens AI Lab. Visit www.germanaccelerator.com and www.german-entrepreneurship.de (in German only) for more information.
How to Apply
Please submit your application via email by January 31, 2022, to Lauren Desrosiers, Head of HR, German Entrepreneurship, Inc. In addition to providing your resume, please include a one-page cover letter in which you tell us about yourself, why you want to work at German Entrepreneurship, and why you are a match for this position.
German Entrepreneurship, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and by embracing diverse skills, perspectives, and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military service, medical condition, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.