To access the U.S. market, companies can choose between our programs in Silicon Valley and New York. For healthtech and life sciences companies, we offer an industry-focused program based in Cambridge/Boston. All our programs are highly customized to the participants’ individual needs and goals, and we provide mentoring from dedicated experts, access to our vast global network of business partners and investors, as well as free office space in all our locations. Our teams in Munich and Berlin provide additional central support.
German Accelerator is a team of successful entrepreneurs, investors, and experts who are committed to helping German startups become global players or even category leaders. German Accelerator is run by German Entrepreneurship GmbH and is proudly financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) – it is their belief that investing in startups is directly investing in innovation, job creation, and economic growth. Since launching in 2012, German Accelerator has nurtured more than 290 startups, such as Celonis, N26, and Proglove. All former program Alumni have raised US$4.9 billion in funding so far.
German Accelerator in Cambridge/Boston works with healthtech and life sciences companies in 5 segments: therapeutics, diagnostics, medical devices, digital health, and platform technologies. We are looking for a Program Associate to join the team.
You Will Benefit By:
- Working side by side with accomplished entrepreneurs and industry leaders to foster the success of German healthtech and life science companies in the U.S. market
- Facilitating the continuous development of our accelerator programs
- Delivering results in a highly energetic, engaging, and informal environment
- Interfacing with the leadership teams of international startups
- Contributing to bringing new solutions to market and improving the health of patients
A successful candidate will assist with program operations and work closely with the Program Director to provide exceptional support to our portfolio companies.
- Organize and prepare selection committee meetings and deep-dive workshops with companies
- Support due diligence of companies
- Arrange and prepare regular update meetings and calls with portfolio companies and mentors
- Record meeting minutes, and help follow up on action items
- Collect metrics on the performance of portfolio companies and create reports
- Help organize and prepare events and workshops for portfolio companies as well as the wider German Accelerator network in the Greater Boston area
- 1-3 years of experience at an accelerator, incubator, corporate or academic innovation center, technology licensing office, or consulting firm
- An understanding of the U.S. healthcare innovation process and landscape based on hands-on experience in either academia or industry
- Used to managing multiple projects within specified timelines and budgets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English required
- Passion, a positive attitude, humility, and integrity
- Mission-driven, self-directed, and an excellent team player
German Accelerator is an Equal Opportunity Employer and by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
How to Apply
Please submit your application via email to Marc Filerman.[/vc_column_text][vc_btn title=”JOIN THE TEAM” align=”center” background_set=”yes” text_color_set=”yes” link=”url:mailto%3Amarc.filerman%40germanaccelerator.com||target:%20_blank|” color_background=”#de001c” color_background_hover=”#000000″ color_text=”#ffffff” color_text_hover=”#ffffff”][/vc_column][/vc_row]